From Pebbles to Stones
Surrendering To The Music, The Glimmer Twins, Getting It Together, Rhythm Section Wanted
In many ways, it could be said that Brian Jones was the very first Rolling Stone. Lewis Brian Jones, the son of Lewis, an aeronautical engineer, and Louisa, a piano teacher, was born February 28, 1942. Brian's first taste of music was in his own home, as his mother started trying to teach him piano at age six. Though Brian kept at it until he was fourteen, he showed little interest in music at all. Little interest, that is, until he started playing the clarinet. Brian had asthma (a condition that affected his ability to breathe properly), but he didn't let that stop him. In a short time, he developed an obsession with jazz music and was driving his parents crazy with loud jazz records. To them, it sounded like noise, but to Brian, it was becoming the only thing that mattered.
- On a Roll - A New Rolling Stone, Watts Happening, Stone Steady, Enter Andrew, Contracting A Contract
- From Pebbles to Stones - Surrendering To The Music
- From Pebbles to Stones - The Glimmer Twins
- From Pebbles to Stones - Getting It Together
- From Pebbles to Stones - Rhythm Section Wanted